The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is a globally relevant fire safety qualification that you can complete in just one week.
Through its focused syllabus, you can learn and develop fire safety skills that can be used in workplaces anywhere in the world. On completion of the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand fire and explosion protection and prevention principles
- Carry out an effective fire risk assessment in a low to medium risk workplace.
This qualification can help you protect people, property and ultimately your business from the harm a fire can cause.
The NEBOSH resources for this qualification, including the course syllabus and NEBOSH Learner Terms and Conditions, can all be downloaded from the NEBOSH website here:
This course is delivered by Griffin Safety Training Limited in association with Woodward SHE Ltd, who are NEBOSH accredited centre 179.
Who is this course for?
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is ideal for:
- Those responsible for fire safety in low to medium risk workplaces
- Health and Safety managers
- Facilities Managers
- Health and safety representatives within businesses.
This relevant and respected fire safety qualification will help you to:
- Gain a solid technical foundation to build on through practical application and experience
- Positively influence fire safety behaviours and improve fire safety culture
- Learn fire safety techniques that are based on global best practice
- Provide valuable in-house fire safety expertise for you workplace
- Advance your career by gaining specialist fire safety knowledge
- Avoid the damaging and sometimes catastrophic losses that result from fire
What will I learn?
Unit FSC1: Fire Safety
Element 1. Managing fire safety
Element 2. Principles of fire and explosion
Element 3. Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources and control measures
Element 4. Fire protection in buildings
Element 5. Safety of people in the event of fire
Element 6. Fire safety risk assessment
Unit FSC2: Fire Risk Assessment
Units FSC1 and FSC2 are taught units.
Unit FSC1 is assessed by an “open book” case study assessment. A learner has 24 hours to complete the assessment after receiving the case study information, but NEBOSH believes they should be able to finish the questions in 4-5 hours. This is followed by a closing interview to confirm that the submitted assessment is all the learner's own work.
Unit FSC2 is a three-hour practical examination carried out by the learner in their own workplace.
If you have any pre-booking questions please click here to get in touch with us.
Contact us for available dates.
Online via Zoom or Teams, or face-to-face at your premises.
£895 + VAT per delegate, inclusive of textbooks and NEBOSH fees.