As a responsible leader, you know the importance of managing safety and health. Now learn its value. IOSH Leading Safely will show you the way. Now available online.
Whatever the size of your organisation, IOSH Leading Safely will show you how investing in safety and health can reap valuable business benefits. These include better productivity, increased profits, an enhanced reputation and a stronger brand. This innovative training course makes use of an ‘IOSH for Leaders‘ app that can be downloaded upon registration and which provides support before, during and after the course.
There is no doubt that commitment from senior managers is critical to the success of any health and safety management programme. Come to think of it, leadership and commitment are essential in ALL aspects of business management – so why should health and safety be any different?
Health and safety management is often seen as being ‘too difficult’ or ‘too expensive’. This practically-focussed and informative course dispels many of the myths and provides an accessible and useful insight into how to set about managing and leading safety in an effective way.
Leading safely is offered as a face-to-face instructor-led classroom course (4 hours) designed to meet the needs of busy senior managers in a punchy and thought-provoking way.
Every delegate will receive instructions to download and access the ‘IOSH for Leaders’ app, which provides a wealth of information and support that delegates can continue to access after the course is completed.
IOSH Leading Safely is based on discussion and self-evaluation. The course is centred on the key activities of a diagnostic questionnaire which helps you identify strengths and weaknesses in your company’s safety management arrangements and a two-part case study in which delegates have an opportunity to discuss major health and safety management issues and find workable solutions to them. Don’t expect to be ‘talked at’ – active participation is expected and encouraged.
Further information on this excellent course may be found by clicking here.
I have some questions
Want to know more? Why not contact us today for a no-obligation chat – we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
What others say about Griffin
How do I book my place?
This course is delivered by Griffin Safety Training Limited in association with Woodward SHE Ltd.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone with leadership responsibilities – senior managers, directors, heads of departments, executives, board members, business owners, chief executives and trustees; anyone who aspires to these roles; and anyone who wants to share the same language so they can feel confident entering into discussions with people at a leadership level.
IOSH Leading Safely is delivered by a Chartered Safety Practitioner and former barrister who has extensive experience of advising and mentoring Boards, including having worked with the London Organising Committee for the 2012 Olympic Games (LOCOG) and the main board of the British Army.
Delegates will gain factual, no-nonsense information on how to 'do' safety. Not only does this course allow for discussion of issues that are of relevance to your organisation by using examples chosen to suit your needs and industry but you will also receive support before, during and after you attend the course through the dedicated 'IOSH For Leaders' app.
Wider benefits to your organisation that flow from your attendance on this course might include:
• A reduction in accident rates, absence and sick leave - with corresponding reduction in financial loss
• Increased productivity and profit
• An improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
• Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
• Better business continuity
What will I learn?
Key learning points include:
• Recognising the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance
• Understanding your safety and health responsibilities
• Appreciating the consequences of poor safety and health
• Planning the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation
• Understanding the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system
• Knowing why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance
Content and assessment
• Initial diagnostic questionnaire on your safety and health leadership behaviours
• Personalised report based on your responses, including recommendations on actions to take and improvements to make
• Case study review, tailored to your needs and industry – how things can go wrong, then 'getting it right', including a follow-on scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act HSMS and integration into business systems
Assessment is through completion of a personal commitment – a set of actions to take following the recommendations in your report and other learning.
Delivered in partnership with Woodward SHE Ltd.
If you have any pre-booking questions please click here to get in touch with us.
Contact us to arrange a convenient course date at your offices.
IOSH Leading Safely is delivered at your workplace.
Contact us for an all-inclusive quote.