Managing Contractors training, now available online
Do your contractors share your positive attitude to safety? Have you experienced contractors who disregard your safety rules in order to get the job done, only to suffer accidents for which your company is then held responsible? This course will help you to manage the risks much more effectively, and to avoid serious and potentially expensive mistakes.
A failure to manage the work of contractors can lead to serious incidents and significant loss, as well as legal action for breaches of health and safety rules. ‘Managing contractors’ training will help you by explaining best practice and how to deal with common contractor management problems so that everyone affected can be kept healthy and safe.
If you use contractors, especially if they are doing higher-risk work like work at height or maintenance tasks, then this course is for you.
Taking control of contract work and fulfilling your legal obligations can seem like a daunting task – not only are there practical issues like selecting the right contractor and communicating effectively with them, but there are several legal responsibilities that, if not met, can lead to enforcement action, which can affect your organisation’s reputation and may result in hefty fines and even prison sentences.
Your ‘Managing Contractors’ course will help you navigate potential problems and pitfalls by giving practical advice based on current guidance from the HSE.
During your course you will:
- assess your organisation’s current arrangements for managing contractors
- identify areas for improvement
- get to grips with the law on managing contractors
- consider an action plan for selecting and managing contractors
- discuss how to monitor contractors effectively.
‘Managing contractors’ is presented by a Chartered Safety Practitioner with expert practical knowledge of this complex area. You will be able to discuss your current contractor management issues with your tutor so that you gain the maximum benefit from your course.
I have some questions
Want to know more? Why not contact us today for a no-obligation chat – we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
What others say about Griffin
How do I book my place on ‘Managing Contractors’?
Who is this course for?
The course is open to anyone from any organisation in any industry. It's especially helpful for those with responsibilities for arranging and managing contract work, such as facilities, maintenance, production and engineering managers.
In-house Safety Advisors will benefit from being able to claim CPD.
In recent years we have delivered this course to clients in the following sectors:
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Public transport
- Power generation
- The NHS
You'll get up-to-date information based on guidance from the UK's health and safety regulator, the HSE. The course will help you to
- discuss your own contractor management issues with a qualified safety practitioner
- develop a strong contractor management policy
- implement effective contractor selection arrangements
- develop the knowledge needed to supervise contractors effectively
- reduce the likelihood of incidents involving contractors
- reduce the chances of prosecution
- reduce the chances of civil claims.
What will I learn?
On completion of this course, attendees will:
- understand how their organisation's current arrangements compare with best practice
- identify areas for improvement
- understand the costs of poor contractor management
- appreciate the employer's legal responsibilities for contractor management
- understand the '5-step' process for contractor management
- know what questions to ask when selecting contractors
- know how to ensure that contractors know what is expected of them
- understand responsibilities for safe systems and permits to work
- understand the process of contractor monitoring and performance appraisal
If you have any pre-booking questions please click here to get in touch with us.
Contact us to arrange a convenient date for your course.
For your convenience and safety, we provide this training virtually online. Alternatively, we can come to you, anywhere in the UK.
We charge an all-inclusive flat rate, with no hidden extras. Contact us today for a competitive, no-obligation quote.