Learn about Corporate Manslaughter. What does it mean for your business? Learn from an award-winning former barrister and expert in occupational safety and health.
Implications for your company
Do you know the full implications for your organisation of the law on Corporate Manslaughter? If the very worst happens and your business suffers a worker or customer fatality, do you know your duties? What is the legal perspective? What of the Health and Safety at Work Act? How does the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 affect your organisation?
Since the Act came into force there have been several prosecutions following fatalities at work. These have resulted in significant fines and adverse publicity for the organisations involved.
This course explains the complex issues in a highly authoritative and accessible way. It is a must for all senior managers in all types of organisation.
Who is this course for?
This Corporate Manslaughter briefing is suitable for senior managers who are interested in the implications of the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 and for safety practitioners who need to advise senior managers or who may wish to increase their knowledge and gain CPD.
Presented with extensive authority and experience by our former Barrister, Andrew Ashford, our Corporate Manslaughter course is a must for those who wish to understand the requirements of the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007, as well as the associated sentencing guidelines.
What will I learn?
The course discusses the following issues:
• Duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act and the wider legal perspective
• Sentencing of individuals and organisations for breaches of health and safety law
• The role of the regulator
• An analysis of gross negligence manslaughter and recent prominent cases
• Corporate Manslaughter – key requirements. What does the Act mean to organisations?
• Jury considerations
• Sentencing guidelines
• The wider potential impact on the Company
• The role of the Board in health and safety
• How individuals and organisations can take steps to prevent prosecution
If you have any pre-booking questions please click here to get in touch with us.
Contact us to arrange a convenient course date.
Available for delivery at your premises for groups of 2 - 12 delegates.
Contact us for an all-inclusive quote.