Our Corporate Manslaughter course is run by award-winning former barrister Andrew Ashford, who is an expert in occupational safety and health. Our Corporate Manslaughter course is a ‘must’ for all senior managers and safety practitioners. This 2-hour interactive course is delivered at your premises and will provide you with the practical knowledge and tools you need to:
- Fully understand this important piece of legislation
- Recognise the link between your organisation’s safety culture and the factors to be considered by the jury
- Learn about sentencing guidelines
- Take steps to prevent prosecution
- Avoid related adverse publicity
The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 has now been in force for 10 years. With fines increasing and publicity orders common, our course will help you to understand the requirements of the Act and ensure your ongoing compliance.
Contact us to arrange a convenient date and an all-inclusive quote.
Who is this course for?
This Corporate Manslaughter briefing is suitable for senior managers who are interested in the implications of the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 and for safety practitioners who need to advise senior managers or who may wish to increase their knowledge and gain CPD.
Presented with extensive authority and experience by our former Barrister, Andrew Ashford, our Corporate Manslaughter course is a must for those who wish to understand the requirements of the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007, as well as the associated sentencing guidelines.
What will I learn?
The course discusses the following issues:
• Duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act and the wider legal perspective
• Sentencing of individuals and organisations for breaches of health and safety law
• Coverage of gross negligence manslaughter and recent prominent cases
• Corporate Manslaughter – key requirements. What does the Act mean to organisations?
• Jury considerations
• Sentencing guidelines
• How individuals and organisations can take steps to prevent prosecution
If you have any pre-booking questions please click here to get in touch with us.
Contact us to arrange a convenient course date.
Available for delivery at your premises for groups of 2 - 12 delegates.
Contact us for an all-inclusive quote.